2006 Jun 27 14:19

[vox-tech] Help with sun keyboard

I'm using a lab full of Sun workstations for the next two weeks, and
I'm finding the keyboards weird. As someone helpfully pointed out, the
problem isn't the Sun keyboard, but the keyboards I was trained on.

Ctrl and Caps Lock are swapped, so every time I reach for Ctrl, I hit
Caps Lock instead. Additionally, Alt is where the windows key "should
be", and Meta is where the Alt key should be. I'm also having trouble
with the locations of the ~/` key and the backspace key, so when I
reach for the backspace key, I end up hitting `.

Does anyone have a keybinding set to map the keys so they're more
normal? (Either a layout you can send me, or a command that loads a
layout that's already installed on the system.) The machines are
running Solaris 9.

--Ken