2006 Jun 22 06:30

Re: [vox-tech] Need some help choosing a linux flavor for an oldlaptop

Re: [vox-tech] Need some help choosing a linux flavor for an oldlaptop

What was it about Fedora and Ubuntu that was 'slow,' compared to Vector?
e.g., what were they doing different?  Or could you tell?
The only reason why they're slow was the choice of window manager as a
default.  If you remove GNOME or KDE, it should be fine, and it'll
free up those precious megs on that old hard drive.  I was just
impressed with Vector Linux's minimalism and good default options
without leaving you with just a command prompt.  Many modern distros
seem to give you all or none, or endure countless options to install;
Vector was a happy medium between the extremes without having to waste
an entire afternoon in menus.