2006 Jun 20 20:33

Re: [vox-tech] debian list/install all packages from repository?

On Tuesday 20 June 2006 17:52, Gabriel G. Rosa wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Is there an easy way to install all packages that a debian repository
> offers, even if you don't know all the packages names?
>
> (pulling dependencies from other sources, if necessary)
>
> thanks,
> -Gabe

I assume you want to do this on a small repository.

The packages files live in /var/lib/apt/lists, so for example, you would
run as follows. The first command schedules the packages to be
installed, and the second command actually installs them.

# awk '/^Package:/{print
$2}' /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.nerim.net_debian-marillat_dists_sid_main_binary-i386_Packages |
xargs aptitude --schedule-only install
# aptitude install

--Ken Bloom