January 6: Social gathering
2006 Jun 20 16:26

Re: [vox-tech] Firefox "find" utility

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 02:25:04PM -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> That's exactly my point.  When you press "find next" the browser should know
> what word is abutted against the left margin because it knows the details of
> how text flows given the width of the document, etc.  So resizing the window
> will produce different results, but it should be entirely within the realm
> of doability.
>
> But I guess I was thinking more in lines of this:
>
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/
>
> Doing a search for the Event class is sheer misery.  It pretty much
> necessitates taking my hand off the keyboard and onto the mouse.

[bloom@cat-in-the-hat ~]$ cat ~/bin/classpath
#!/bin/bash

CLASSNAME=$(echo $1 | sed s@\\.@/@g )

links /usr/share/doc/classpath-doc/api/$CLASSNAME.html
[bloom@cat-in-the-hat ~]$

Sure, you need to enter the whole package name too, but I find it very
convenient. (At least, it was very convenient before I switched most
of my coding from Java to Ruby.)

--Ken