2006 Jun 13 10:35

[vox-tech] GPU calculations

I recently read some papers where people performed an FFT on Nvidia
hardware.  The idea is that a GPU is capable of performing certain types of
operations very quickly, faster than a CPU.

Has anyone looked into this?  I've seen one project port FFTW to be
a GPU-enhanced FFTW.

Any idea on what it would take to write a "hello world" type program where
1 + 1 is thrown onto a GPU and the result is returned to a local variable?

Pete