2006 Jun 12 12:24

Re: [vox-tech] Why change default ssh port?

Re: [vox-tech] Why change default ssh port?

Quoting MB (sparkynine@yahoo.com):

> Every little bit of security/obsfucation helps.

Don't forget to make /etc/issue and /etc/issue.net claim that you're
running ITS on SuperNintendo.  _Somebody_ might be fooled.

Putting lampshades on top of your servers could be just the protection you
need, too.

> Just changing the SSH port probably removes 90% of the threats with 10%
> of the effort.

It certainly does win in the "easier than thinking" department.