2006 Jun 11 18:41

Re: [vox-tech] GnomeBake resultfor CD and DVD burning Question

Re: [vox-tech] GnomeBake resultfor CD and DVD burning Question

Alex Mandel wrote:
Chris Horsting wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for everyones advice on how to solve my k3b problem. However, it did not work. I guess I try the 1.0 version. So, What are the options for GUI CD burning for Fedora Core 4.0. Currently, I am using Xcdroast. That some times works. What about Nautilus?
Thanks
Chris
I've used Nautilus for burning, but only from ISO files. Not sure how well it works when you're trying to compile random files from across the drive.
I also saw Gnomebaker the other day but haven't tried that out since k3b works for me.

Alex

Hi,
I ran Gnomebaker and was unable to make copy.
Here is the result of the run:

cdrecord: No write mode specified.
cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive dependent defaults.
cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
cdrecord: Cannot allocate memory. WARNING: Cannot do mlockall(2).
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using setpriority().
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
scsidev: '/dev/hdc'
devname: '/dev/hdc'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version (schily - Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.83-RH '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c 1.83 04/05/20 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
SCSI buffer size: 64512
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in this version.
TOC Type: 3 = CD-ROM XA mode 2
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
atapi: 1
Device type : Removable CD-ROM
Version : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities :
Vendor_info : 'SONY '
Identifikation : 'CD-RW CRX230ED '
Revision : '4YS1'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
Current: 0x0009
Profile: 0x000A
Profile: 0x0009 (current)
Profile: 0x0008
Profile: 0x0002
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE FORCESPEED
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R
Drive buf size : 1419264 = 1386 KB
FIFO size : 4194304 = 4096 KB
cdrecord: Drive needs to reload the media to return to proper status.
cdrecord: Cannot get next writable address for 'invisible' track.
cdrecord: This means that we are checking recorded media.
cdrecord: This media cannot be written in streaming mode anymore.
cdrecord: If you like to write to 'preformatted' RW media, try to blank the media first.
cdrecord: WARNING: Data may not fit on standard 74min disk.
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using setpriority().
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
 4 seconds. 3 seconds. 2 seconds. 1 seconds. 0 seconds. Operation starts.
Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
BURN-Free is OFF.
Performing OPC...
cdrecord: Success. read track info: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB: 52 01 00 00 00 FF 00 00 1C 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 30 06 00 00
Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x30 Qual 0x06 (cannot format medium - incompatible medium) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
resid: 28
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 240s
cdrecord: Cannot get next writable address for 'invisible' track.
cdrecord: This means that we are checking recorded media.
cdrecord: This media cannot be written in streaming mode anymore.
cdrecord: If you like to write to 'preformatted' RW media, try to blank the media first.
cdrecord: Cannot get next writable address.
Writing time: 0.060s
Average write speed 999.0x.
Fixating...
Fixating time: 0.008s
cdrecord: fifo had 64 puts and 0 gets.
cdrecord: fifo was 0 times empty and 0 times full, min fill was 100%.

Second Run: I added Daemon, and disk right to user and got these result:
cdrecord: No write mode specified.
cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive dependent defaults.
cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
cdrecord: Cannot allocate memory. WARNING: Cannot do mlockall(2).
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using setpriority().
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
scsidev: '/dev/hdc'
devname: '/dev/hdc'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
[...]
cdrecord: Device or resource busy. Cannot open '/dev/hdc'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.

Is there any possibility that the problem might be with the CD-Rom itself? I have a Sonny CD-RW CRX230ED