2006 Jun 06 15:34

Re: [vox-tech] Hard Drive Partitioning Errors

Re: [vox-tech] Hard Drive Partitioning Errors

running a dd will give you a simple sector read test.  Looks like, at a
minimum, you've got a bad sector 2, which means, yes, the drive is gone.
If you it's an ide drive (looks like it), and you know or can figure out
how to rewrite the firmware bad sector table, you could conceivably make
the drive servicable again...  assuming there's only a few sectors bad.
And yes, a friend did this for me one time on a similar issue.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.deppner.us/