2006 May 31 12:39

Re: [vox-tech] K3B problem

--- "Micah J. Cowan" <micah@cowan.name> wrote:

> On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 10:53:09PM -0700, Chris Horsting wrote:
> > Micah J. Cowan wrote:

> was
> > >>

> > > It sounds to me like your desktop may be attempting to
> automatically
> > > mount the CD while it's being burned. Have you made sure to
> disable
> > > that?
> > > No, I have not tried to disable that. Do I do that through K3B or
> KDE?
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Careful: I almost didn't spot your input in there, since it was
> hidden
> with your quote of my message.
>
> I'm afraid I don't actually know how you would go about doing that;
> probably a control panel somewhere. Can someone else give pointers?

There are a couple of things to do:

1.  /etc/rc.d/init.d/autofs stop

This will stop automounter services.  But the service will probably
come up again on reboot, so you would want to do:

2. chkconfig --level 2345 autofs off

This will remove autofs from starting in runlevels 2, 3, 4 and 5.

You could always kill the pid, but with alot of these daemons, a HUP
signal merely means reread config file and restart...

Also, if you're into the GUI config thingys, you could try
'serviceconf' as root (I dunno if it's included in FC4, it's on my FC5
box).

Fedora is alright, but I wish redhat would include documentation on
this stuff, because they change it seemingly with every new release.

But chkconfig has been around as long as I have been playing with
redhat, and I think it will almost always be around, so that is the way
that I usually configure services.

HTHO

jan

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. That is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
    Martin Luther King Jr., Accepting Nobel Peace Prize, Dec. 10, 1964