2006 May 29 16:05

[vox-tech] Fwd: sound card doesn't work on Debian

Hai Yi attempted to post this to vox, but is not subscribed to that list,
so the message was discarded.  I'm passing it along to vox-tech (a more
appropriate list for this kind of question).

Hai - please consider subscribing to vox-tech, so that you can actually
see people's responses! :^)

-bill!

----- Forwarded message -----

Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 00:55:29 -0400
From: "Hai Yi" <yihai2004@gmail.com>
Subject: sound card doesn't work on Debian
To: vox@lists.lugod.org

Hello, there:

This is my first time to install Debian on my laptop (Toshiba 5205 s119). I
have an audio issue: it does make a sound,

I checked with

lsmod | grep sound
soundcore               3268   0 (autoclean)

lsmod | grep audio               nothing is returned

lspci | grep audio
0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM AC'97
Audio Controller (rev 02)

my sound card is YMF753, and I didn't find its driver for Linux, so  I
presumed that the Debian didn't install any module for it -  does it mean
that this card cannot work for Linux?

Thanks a lot for your answer,
Hai

----- End forwarded message -----