2006 May 25 07:18

Re: [vox-tech] Cannot Connect to Comcast highspeed

Re: [vox-tech] Cannot Connect to Comcast highspeed

Quoting Michael Wenk (wenk@praxis.homedns.org):

> You don't have to do this.  You can just use MAC address cloning(Beats me how
> to set it up, but google probably knows) to work it.

Excerpt from ifconfig manpage:

       hw class address
              Set the hardware address of this interface, if the device driver
              supports this operation.  The keyword must be  followed by  the
              name of the hardware class and the printable ASCII equivalent of
              the hardware  address.   Hardware  classes  currently supported
              include  ether  (Ethernet), ax25 (AMPR AX.25), ARCnet and netrom
              (AMPR NET/ROM).