2006 May 25 07:39

Re: [vox-tech] Cannot Connect to Comcast highspeed

Re: [vox-tech] Cannot Connect to Comcast highspeed

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 07:47 pm, Tim Riley timriley-at-appahost.com |lugod|
wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 19:26 -0700, wenk@puddleglum.homeip.net wrote:
> > On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 04:47:24PM -0700, Tim Riley wrote:
> > > Hello Linux Gurus:
> > >
> > > I'm trying to connect to Comcast's portal to the Internet
> > > but without success.
> > >
> > > <snip>
> >
> >   One thing to check out is if the MAC
> > address you are using in Windows ME matches the one that you are using
> > in Linux.
>
> It doesn't match. Windows ME is another machine.
>
> >   Comcast will only let the MAC addr that it was setup with to
> > go through.
>
> Oh my God! This can't be true. They are scum if this is true.
>
> I'll pull out the interface card in my Windows ME machine and
> install it in my Linux box to see if Comcast is scum.

I've changed MAC addresses with comcast here in davis, but you need to shut
the modem off for a few minutes in between for some reason.

--
Ryan Castellucci - http://ryanc.org/