2006 May 25 07:18

Re: [vox-tech] Cannot Connect to Comcast highspeed

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 19:26 -0700, wenk@puddleglum.homeip.net wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 04:47:24PM -0700, Tim Riley wrote:
> > Hello Linux Gurus:
> >
> > I'm trying to connect to Comcast's portal to the Internet
> > but without success.
> >
> > <snip>

>   One thing to check out is if the MAC
> address you are using in Windows ME matches the one that you are using
> in Linux.
It doesn't match. Windows ME is another machine.

>   Comcast will only let the MAC addr that it was setup with to
> go through.
Oh my God! This can't be true. They are scum if this is true.

I'll pull out the interface card in my Windows ME machine and
install it in my Linux box to see if Comcast is scum.

As a side note: my Linux machine has the networking attached
to the mother board. So I guess the additional card should
be referenced 'eth1'. If this is incorrect, please respond.