January 6: Social gathering
2006 May 24 17:34

Re: [vox-tech] Incredible Disappearing Mouse

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 09:38:55PM -0500, Marc Elliot Hall wrote:
> A look at dmesg shows:
>
> psmouse.c: Wheel Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization,
> throwing 2 bytes away.
<snip>
> The only explanation I can think of is that my four-port KVM switch is
> interfering. Except this pointer problem happens even if when I haven't
> switched away from my main box for a while.

Crud.  I had this same problem when I started using a KVM.
Sadly, I can't recall how I fixed it, or if I asked around LUGOD's lists
for help.  If you still haven't figured it out by this evening, let me know
and I'll try to peek in my xorg.conf.

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/