2006 May 11 14:08

Re: [vox-tech] tikiwiki

On 5/11/06 at 1:06 AM Bill Kendrick sent:

>On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 01:15:08AM -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>> just out of curiosity, is anyone here using tikiwiki?
>>

>I believe that's what we're using at work.  I've played with it a little
>(adding/editing content), and it seemed pretty good.
>
>I also recently installed MediaWiki (which is what Wikipedia, et al, use),
>and it was a surprisingly simple install.  I'm also pretty familiar with
>the interface from editing Wikipedia articles, which is part of the
>reason I went with it.
>
>--
>-bill!
>bill@newbreedsoftware.com
>http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/

I am preparing to add wiki capability to a political reform web site (Linux / Apache / MySQL / PHP).
I have found comparison lists ( e.g. http://www.wikimatrix.org/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_software), but beyond software requirements / compatibility it is hard to know what features really matter day to day. For example, is a small footprint / fast execution time more important than features beyond simple editing? There is no paucity of opinions out there, but I value the views of this group above others. Anyone with insights in how you chose (actually not theoretically) one Wiki over another would be much appreciated, particularly if you wish you had done something differently for some reason. Thanks.

- Larry