2006 May 10 15:39

Re: [vox-tech] Hyundai B70 flat screen Monitor

On Wed 10 May 06,  2:10 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> said:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 11:43:19AM -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > btw, when i'm faced with something like this, the first think i do is
> > highlight the error message itself with the mouse, and paste it into a
> > google search.
>
> Heh, except if it's some OSD error that the monitor itself is displaying
> (like I get a "No Signal" on my TV if my PlayStation is off when I switch
> to that video input), then a mouse is of no use. ;)

i'm going to take an educated guess and say that he really means "X doesn't
work" and that he still has console.

i believe console relies on BIOS only.  if he doesn't even have a console,
it's kentucky fried hardware or cable problems, not driver hell.

> But yeah, really, a pencil/paper would come in handy here, to jot down the
> exact message.

better yet, links/lynx.  mouse will work (i seem to have problems pasting
with links, even though i vastly prefer links over lynx).

> [*] My birthday was last Thursday, and I'm still accepting gifts, such as
>     a nice flat-screen LCD. ;)

oh, crap!!!   you DIDN'T get that flat screen LCD I sent last week?

pete