2006 Apr 13 00:15

Re: [vox-tech] transcoading ape to flac

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 12:10:34PM -0700, Donald Greg McGahan wrote:
> I have a significant number tracks encoded as *.ape and wish to convert
> them to flac.

I know nothing about APE files, but Wikipedia told me they are also known as
"Monkey's Audio" format:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey%27s_Audio

A Freshmeat search for "APE" finds a few things that might be useful:

  http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=ape&section=projects

Ditto for a SourceForge search:

  http://sourceforge.net/search/?words=ape&type_of_search=soft

Some that sound good, include "ape2mp3", "gnormalize", "lossless2lossy",
"Audiophilia", "Java Monkey's Audio", etc.

Good luck!

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/