2006 Apr 09 19:39

Re: [vox-tech] re: mail server config question

Re: [vox-tech] re: mail server config question

Cylar Z wrote:
Rick and David:

Thanks for responding and for the tips. Looks like
I've got some reading to do.
Before I go any further with my configuration, I want
to clarify something: When I said the word "firewall",
I was referring to the iptables daemon that runs on
the system, not a separate hardware device. You might
have already known that, but I wanted to make
absolutely sure. Iptables currently has ports 80 and
22 open, for http and ssh respectively. Does this
information have any bearing on the discussion?

Thanks, Matt

I didn't realize that you were referring to iptables (I was referring to a separate hardware device) but the distinction is irrelevant.

As long as your firewall - whether software or hardware - is blocking the SMTP port from the outside world, you have no relay worries. But squirrelmail will be able to use the SMTP server just fine.

HTH,

DR