January 6: Social gathering
2006 Apr 04 12:19

[vox-tech] linux force-feedback devices

Hi,

need some help/info from anyone using force-feedback devices with version 2.6.xxx

have been using a force-feedback device with 2.4.18 with a patch for I-force devices

recently upgraded to 2.6.10 with built in support, however when trying to run the app get the following error when trying to remove an effect

Device /dev/input/event2 opened
ERROR: removing effect failed (Function not implemented) [js_ff.cxx:151]

odd, would have thought that loading and unloading are such basic functions that they would be included in the latest kernel.

A quick check of input.h and evdev.c shows the hooks are there for EVIOCRMFF, but evdev.c returns the NOSYS error. Did I miss something compiling the new kernel? Uploading and running effects works; just can't offload from the device to upload new effects and parameters beyond what is in the devices memory. Or is there a new function to allow updating effect parameters without offloading?

Regards
John W.