2006 Mar 31 12:40

[vox-tech] Need help in getting video, audio, multimedia to work

[vox-tech] Need help in getting video, audio, multimedia to work

Hello all!,

My name is Newell Jensen and I just installed linux on my computer and I am
having problems getting my multimedia applications to work.  I have SUSE
linux 10.0 which comes with totem and rhythmbox.  In YaST I looked up to
see if Gstreamer and the plugins were installed and they are (version
0.8.11-3 fyi).  I try to play mpg's as well as connecting to an internet
stream for music and it doesn't work.  I have read on some internet forums
and Ubuntu wikis about some formats not being distributed since they have
license issues.  Is that the case here?  Just curious what would be the
best route to take here in order to get this working.  Your help would be
much appreciated.  Thank you.