January 6: Social gathering
2006 Mar 13 17:28

Re: [vox-tech] Pdf Viewers

On 03/10/2006 09:02 AM, Bob Scofield wrote:
I just made a disappointing discovery. I was playing around with a DMV form and learned that with the Adobe Reader (in SuSE) I could type into the form. But in Debian neither XPDF nor KPDF would let me type.
You can download a binary from Abobe's website if you really want that functionality.

So it seems that the open source readers are limited in ways that Adobe is not. I've read the KPDF Handbook, and there is no mentioned of typing into a form.

So have I discovered a fact of life, or does someone know how to configure an open source reader to type into a pdf document?
I use a program called flpsed when I need to type over a PDF.