2006 Mar 08 10:32

Re: [vox-tech] graphical front-end to bibtex files

Re: [vox-tech] graphical front-end to bibtex files

Dylan Beaudette wrote:
On Tuesday 07 March 2006 11:26 am, Matt Roper wrote:

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 10:05:32AM -0800, Dylan Beaudette wrote:

Hi everyone,

At home, on my mac there is a nice tool for working with bibtex files.. i
am searching for something similar for Linux at work... Anyone have a
favorite interface to bibtex files that will run under X11 ?

Thanks!
I'm a big fan of JabRef:

   http://jabref.sourceforge.net/

It's actually a Java application, so it should work on any platform, not
just Linux.

Matt

thanks for the input!
looks like jabref will do the trick! In fact, i just input about 30 articles in half the time it would have otherwise taken!

Sounds like you are satisfied, but I'd also like to mention Pybliographer (http://pybliographer.org/). Basically has the same features as JabRef, but a different look and feel.

Jonathan