2006 Feb 26 20:43

Re: [vox-tech] Re: quick apache question

Re: [vox-tech] Re: quick apache question

Richard Crawford wrote:
On Sunday 26 February 2006 11:39, Cylar Z wrote:

---------------
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /~myuser on this
server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered
while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the
request.

If I recall, you're using Fedora Core 4, correct? If so, chances are SELinux is installed and running (enabled by default). You could either disable SELinux, or change the permissions -- the "context", in SELinux-speak -- on the user's HTML directories to allow the httpd daemon to actually view those directories. Try:

snip

This is good advice. I've also run into this and it's pretty frustrating when you're not used to it.

Charles