2006 Feb 26 12:36

Re: [vox-tech] Re: quick apache question

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 11:39:43AM -0800, Cylar Z wrote:
> Hey all...
>
> I've looked at the page on the Apache website that you
> referenced and made the appropriate changes to my
> httpd.conf file:

Stupid question - did you restart Apache? :^)

<snip>

> Now, when my user goes to www.mywebserver.com/~myuser,
> he gets the following error message:
>
> ---------------
> Forbidden
<snip>

> WTF?? Myuser's public_html directory has been chmod'ed
> to 755, as has the index.html file INSIDE the
> directory.

That SHOULD be enough.  (Note that it's more appropriate for the HTML to
be 0644, not 0755.  No reason to make a non-executable file executable. :^) )

I've never set this up myself, though.  Out of curiosity, is the user's
home directory readable (0755)?

PS - In the future, please delete all unrelated digest quoting.
It just wastes everyone's disk space (including Rod, who hosts the LUGOD
website!) Thanks! :^)

--
-bill!                                    Tux Paint 2006 wall calendar,
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                CDROM, bumper sticker & apparel