2006 Feb 25 03:18

[vox-tech] Fwd: trouble with grub

Bob tried to send this to "vox" from an unsubscribed address,
so I'm forwarding it.  Note, since it looks like a technical question,
I'm posting to "vox-tech" instead of "vox", as that's more appropriate...
(Cc'ing Bob so he knows this :^) )

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 23:26:23 -0400
From: "Bob Mullan" <mullan@ns.Sympatico.ca>
Subject: trouble with grub
To: <vox@lists.lugod.org>

Trying to install debain i86 on external hard drive scsi connected with usb.
Installed grub on c drive of P.C. (I was trying to install on the ext. drive
which may not have been any smarter but pushed yes by accident when asked to
install on C). now get grub error 21 when I start my PC and cannot get it to
boot to windows or anything else. Can  you help me? Its my wife?s computer
and we could be talking divorce if I can?t fix it.

I?m just about to start to reinstall from the beginning and see if I can
redeem myself. I don?t know where the rescue discs are but when Linda gets
home she may tell me after I fess up.

Thanks Bob

----- End forwarded message -----