2006 Feb 21 13:31

Re: [vox-tech] Irritating KDE Error Message

On Monday 20 February 2006 12:31 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 12:03:23PM -0800, Bob Scofield wrote:
> > Today I started getting an irritating error message when booting into
> > KDE:
> >
> > "Could not start kdeinit.  Check your installation."
> >

> Someone in the channel suggested this, though:
>
>   [12:34] <chealer> kendrick: tell him to get sid's libfreetype6
>

> Good luck!

My luck was good.  Once again the Ken Bloom approach of doing nothing worked.
Today apt brought me some KDE packages and the problem has gone away.

The old-time Debian users need to switch to Gentoo to maintain their
self-respect.  Debian is for sissies like me.  The problem started with the
Sarge installer.  Now any fool can run Debian.

Bob