2006 Feb 21 08:55

Re: [vox-tech] Creating large ramdisks

Ahh, now I see what tmpfs is, perhaps calling it a swap space was a bit confusing
See http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-fs3.html

That will work, in fact the article is very informative.  So if I understand what you all are saying and the article; a diskless workstation or any PC for that matter can use RAM memory as a VFS and since the apps will be fixed in size for executable binary and data the amount of memory required will be determinate until one begins to experience "requirements creep" ;-).

Thanks again for the quick response

JW

John Wojnaroski wrote: