2006 Feb 09 07:36

Re: [vox-tech] cygwin - segfault on array allocation

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 12:15:52PM -0800, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 02:47:04PM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > On Wed 08 Feb 06, 11:29 AM, Micah J. Cowan <micah@cowan.name> said:
[snip]
> > How does one gain this kind of knowledge at fingertips?
>
> Er, one buys a copy of the appropriate standards, and spends some
> quality time on comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++ (not that I do that any
> more). :-)  ...it also helps to be somewhat obsessive-compulsive about
> standard-conformance (which you can acquire by spending time at the
> above USENET groups :) ).

Or... you can google for the standard and you'll find many websites that
give you the summary of the major features, which is what I generally
do.

>   vector< double, My_alloc<double> >::const_iterator p = v.begin();
>
> and use:
>
>   auto p = v.begin();
>
> instead!
>
> Also, they've fixed the syntax so that, even if you wanted to write the
> first one above, you can now use:
>
>   vector<double, My_alloc<double>>::const_iterator p = v.begin();
>                                 ^^

... and subscribe to a mailing list like LUGOD that has someone like
Micah summarize the major features...

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim