2006 Feb 07 12:38

Re: [vox-tech] windows support, unfortunately

On Mon February 6 2006 17:24, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> On Mon 06 Feb 06,  2:11 PM, Jeffrey J. Nonken <jjn_lugod@nonken.net> said:
> > On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 14:19:39 -0500 p@dirac.org (Peter Jay Salzman) wrote:
> >
> > I forget if I was able to turn off Adobe's automatic upgrade crap, but
> > if not, I manually ignore it when I see it. You've just given me a
> > really good reason to continue that policy.
>
> Normally I ignore them too, but this upgrade specifically said it fixed
> security vulnerabilities.
>
> Two crosswinds blowing in different directions...   :)
Where did the update originate? I don't mean ultimate origination
but only the script that ran on your machine. Could it have been set up
by your not-so-friendly IT dept.? A few years back I worked at HP
and IT liked to do things like this. Of course, if the script came from
your local IT, it could contain a lot more than just the update for
adobe. Also, just because the knuckle-dragger you talk to
doesn't know that IT did it, doesn't mean they didn't.
Richard Harke