2006 Feb 08 11:30

Fwd: Re: [vox-tech] windows support, unfortunately

Andy posted from an unsubscribed address.  Fwd'ing for him...

Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:24:11 -0800
From: Andy Wergedal <andy.wergedal@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] windows support, unfortunately
To: lugod's technical discussion forum <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>

Ok,

1. First uninstall acrobat 7.0
2. Reboot
3. Google for Acrobat 6.0 and install it.
4. Never install the upgrades. The most you will miss is some newer fonts,
but you will not miss the extra 100Mb of the program. Also Acrobat 7 is a
RAM pig.

For yahoo,

1. Uninstall yahoo IM and the tool bar.
2. Check internet explorer for all other tool bar installs and uninstall
them.
3. Reboot
4. Install yahoo IM.

If this does not work...

Are you the administrator of the winxp box?
Does your account have admin rights?

If not then you will be at the mercy of the HelpDesk TCO Admins.

Call me if you have other issues. 916 799 4398.

-- Andy

PS sorry to show my windows knowledge on the linux list.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
-bill!                                    Tux Paint 2006 wall calendar,
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                CDROM, bumper sticker & apparel