2006 Jan 31 19:11

Re: [vox-tech] using windows pathnames in cygwin

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 06:49:08PM -0800, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 04:37:03PM -0800, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> >
> >>I've never used gvim.exe, but one of the issues that comes up in using
> >>Windows versions of posix tools in cygwin is the newline problem...
> >>the windows versions may or may not handle the normal cygwin LF
> >>newlines properly.  gvim probably can... others don't always.
> >
> > Can't you use "set fileformat"?
>
> I don't know... in what context?
>
> As a gvim command? Quite possibly... but as I said I don't use gvim
> so you tell me...

Ah. I missed that.

In the context of POSIX tools in cygwin, then: when you install cygwin,
it gives you the option of whether to use Windows or Unix line-endings,
so that's probably a source of your trouble. I don't know where you go
to reconfigure that.

--
Micah J. Cowan
micah@cowan.name