2006 Jan 31 14:09

Re: [vox-tech] using windows pathnames in cygwin

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 04:43:21PM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i've never really used cygwin before.  how exactly is X supposed to work?
>
> i've run 'startx' just because i didn't know what else to do.  got something
> that looked like an xterm and was able to run cygwin's gvim from that.  but
> it seems ... very unsatisfying.

What specifically was unsatisfying?

Of course, you could set up a command, or Windows shortcut, that
launches X with gvim (no term).

> is there a way to just let cygwin take over the entire window?

I'm not sure I know what you mean, here. Which window?

> how do you have your cygwin/windows environment set up?  i'd like to emulate
> someone's setup who has something comfortable.  don't have the luxury
> anymore for massive experimentation like i used to.

I don't think I have any special setup. But I'll look at what I have at
home and get back to you.

--
Micah J. Cowan
micah@cowan.name