2006 Jan 29 15:49

Re: [vox-tech] Regexp question

Ken Bloom wrote:
How can I match, in one regexp strings that begin with "att_" but do not
begin with "att_appraisal"?
In perl or something with perl's regexp capabilities, you'd use a negative lookahead:

^att_(?!appraisal)

Without that, your best bet is to combine two regexps using boolean logic:

if (/^att_/ && !/^att_appraisal/)

You could do this with one regexp but it's ugly:

i.e., "att_" followed by end-of-string OR not-a OR a followed by (end of string OR not-p OR p followed by..