2006 Jan 29 15:03

[vox-tech] Re: vox-tech Digest, Vol 20, Issue 28

[vox-tech] Re: vox-tech Digest, Vol 20, Issue 28

> Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 05:06:09 -0500
> From: p@dirac.org (Peter Jay Salzman)
> Subject: Re: [vox-tech] update on the audio CD problem
> To: lugod's technical discussion forum <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>

> > harder, since the symptoms there had been worse.  But it turned out to
> > be a very simple problem in that case:  The file permissions on /dev/hdc
> > were not set correctly.

> My permissions are:
>
>    brw-rw----  1 root cdrom 22, 0 2006-01-18 04:28 /dev/hdc

It was the same on my daughter's machine.  But the non-root account she
set up for herself wasn't in that group.

I suppose the settings were a conscious decision on the part of those
who set up the distro.  Wouldn't want the riffraff playing music, ya
know. :-)

Norm