2006 Jan 26 21:06

Re: [vox-tech] xfig and connector lines

Mark K. Kim wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

[snip]

have the most experience with xfig.  I just realized, though, that xfig
does not seem to support connector lines: lines that connect objects and
stretch appropriately if those objects are later moved.  This web
article says xfig CAN do this:

http://lwn.net/Articles/82756/
[snip]

Here's an example:

  1. Create two rectangles.

  2. Select the "polyline" drawing tool.

  3. Connect two rectangles using the polyline.  Insert at least
     two joints.

  4. Select the move tool.

  5. Select the "Smart Links" button on the bottom of the window.

  6. There are three options: "Off", "Move", and "Slide".

The "Move" and "Slide" options cause different move behaviors.  One of
them probably works the way you want it to.

-Mark

That's it! Thanks!

Jonathan