2006 Jan 26 12:00

Re: [vox-tech] Need to bypass Squid proxy

Re: [vox-tech] Need to bypass Squid proxy

Micah J. Cowan wrote:

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 01:01:18PM -0600, Ken Bloom wrote:

Ehrhart, Jay wrote:

I have a Linux proxy server filtering all my outbound web traffic. All
traffic leaving the proxy assumes the proxy IP address.

I have an internal web site and I need that web server to see the
originating IP address of my internal web traffic.

How can I make that one IP address or url bypass the proxy? Can I use
Squid or iptables and if so how do I set it up?

In addition to what everyone else said, if it's a transparent proxy that
you have no control over, you can connect by HTTPS. I don't know of any
proxy that can proxy an encrypted connection.

If it's not transparent, it can (the CONNECT method).
But, yeah, I don't see how a transparent one could do that.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), squid WILL proxy SSL and regular web sessions. It will also proxy other connections like ftp. Squid happens to be a *very* powerful proxy.

-Mark