2006 Jan 26 11:01

Re: [vox-tech] Need to bypass Squid proxy

On 1/26/06, Ehrhart, Jay <ehrhart@ycoe.org> wrote:

> I have a Linux proxy server filtering all my outbound web traffic.  All
> traffic leaving the proxy assumes the proxy IP address.
>
> I have an internal web site and I need that web server to see the
> originating IP address of my internal web traffic.
>
> How can I make that one IP address or url bypass the proxy?  Can I use Squid
> or iptables and if so how do I set it up?

I'm pretty sure you can do that; if you don't want to use the proxy on
your intranet server, you can usually put it on an exclusion list in
your browser.  Refer to your browser's settings for that - it's
usually in the same spot where you define a proxy.

You couldn't do that if you have a transparent proxy, since there are
no browser settings to fix.  I'd probably fix that with iptables, but
the only transparent proxy I had set up is only for outbound, not my
intranet.