2006 Jan 19 13:56

[vox-tech] Debian Boot Problem

I've got a triple boot system with Windows 98, SuSE and Debian.  I've had no
problems with these three co-existing until about a week or so ago.  An
irritating problem with Debian has surfaced.

During Debian's boot, the boot process stops with this rather titillating
error message:

"Checking root file system.../: Superblock last write time is in the future."

I'm then given two options.  (1) Reboot and let Debian fsck; (2) type in the
root password and do a manual fsck.  But even if I manually fsck, I still
have to reboot to get into Debian.  Thus the bottom line is that I have to
boot twice to get into Debian.

I also note this:  "fsck 1.39-WIP (10-Dec. 2005)"  So maybe I've apt-upgraded
to a new and very sensitive fsck.

Does anybody know what to do about this irritating problem?

Thank you.

Bob