2006 Jan 17 20:47

Re: [vox-tech] php and including with absolute paths

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> Is it possible to ask PHP to include/require files with an absolute
> pathname
> rather than pathname relative to PHP's search path?  I'd like to do
> something along the lines of:
>
>    require_once('/www/foo/bar.php');

Do you mean from the server's root?  Should be, though it might depend on
your server's setup.  I do it all the time, particularly with config.php
files that need to be included in every file throughout a site's directory
structure.  For example:

require_once('/usr/www/users/jenipurr/mossroot/config.php');

You might also be able to use $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] for increased
portability, but I haven't actually done this myself (due mostly to
extreme laziness on my part).

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com