2006 Jan 14 17:13

Re: [vox-tech] Replaced FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

On Saturday 14 January 2006 15:10, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Did you install ATI drivers?

I'm pretty sure they came with the distribution.  I know that there are some
other ATI drivers out there which I'll try to download and install later.
Right now I'm just happy to have it working.

> Maybe boot with the install disk in rescue or some other way that lets
> you into edit the xorg and temporarily change the Driver "ATI ..." so
> that it can't find it. (Saw this solution for "nvidia" to "nv")
> Hopefully that'll at least get you in to figure out what's wrong.

I was using alt+F6 to boot into terminal mode, so I edited the xorg.conf file
(and the /boot/grub/menu.1st file) that way.

> I did also confirm that check battery is the last thing Kubuntu does
> before bringing up the login page.

That makes sense.  I've seen this issue reported several times, and it always
had something to do with the video drivers.

"That which does not kill me makes me stranger."
    -Llewellyn, from Ozy & Millie