2006 Jan 14 16:02

Re: [vox-tech] Replaced FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

Re: [vox-tech] Replaced FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

Most of the oddities I've heard of actually occur with both Nvidias and Radeons although they are different drivers and not always for the same reason.

Did you install ATI drivers?

Maybe boot with the install disk in rescue or some other way that lets you into edit the xorg and temporarily change the Driver "ATI ..." so that it can't find it. (Saw this solution for "nvidia" to "nv") Hopefully that'll at least get you in to figure out what's wrong.

I did also confirm that check battery is the last thing Kubuntu does before bringing up the login page.

Alex

Richard Crawford wrote:
All right, I finally bit the bullet and installed Kubuntu on my laptop. The MBR survived, and GRUB updated normally.

Unfortunately, the computer won't start now. When I boot, I get as far as "Checking battery state [ ok ]", and then the computer hangs. I've done some research and found suggestions that this may be related to the NVidia drivers, but since this computer has an ATI Radeon card, I doubt that's the issue. I'm booting with noapic nolapic acpi=off options, but none of those have done a lick of good.

Any suggestions, anyone?