2006 Jan 14 15:10

Re: [vox-tech] Replaced FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

On Friday 13 January 2006 23:45, Richard Crawford wrote:
> All right, I finally bit the bullet and installed Kubuntu on my laptop.
>  The MBR survived, and GRUB updated normally.
>
> Unfortunately, the computer won't start now.  When I boot, I get as far as
> "Checking battery state [ ok ]", and then the computer hangs.  I've done
> some research and found suggestions that this may be related to the NVidia
> drivers, but since this computer has an ATI Radeon card, I doubt that's the
> issue.  I'm booting with noapic nolapic acpi=off options, but none of those
> have done a lick of good.
>
> Any suggestions, anyone?

This appears to have been an issue with the ATI driver on my computer.  I
added the following line in the Driver section of xorg.conf:

	Option "NoAccel"

and that allowed me to boot normally into KDE.

"That which does not kill me makes me stranger."
    -Llewellyn, from Ozy & Millie