2006 Jan 14 17:13

Re: [vox-tech] Replaced FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

Re: [vox-tech] Replaced FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

All right, I finally bit the bullet and installed Kubuntu on my laptop.  The
MBR survived, and GRUB updated normally.

Unfortunately, the computer won't start now.  When I boot, I get as far as
"Checking battery state [ ok ]", and then the computer hangs.  I've done some
research and found suggestions that this may be related to the NVidia
drivers, but since this computer has an ATI Radeon card, I doubt that's the
issue.  I'm booting with noapic nolapic acpi=off options, but none of those
have done a lick of good.

Any suggestions, anyone?

"That which does not kill me makes me stranger."
    -Llewellyn, from Ozy & Millie