2006 Jan 13 23:45

Re: [vox-tech] Replacing FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

Re: [vox-tech] Replacing FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:26:10 -0800
Richard Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 10 January 2006 21:38, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> > There are many ways to hose a system... but installing a fresh
> > Linux distro over almost any other OS is pretty straighforward (at
> > least for me).  I would think you should be getting pretty familiar
> > with it by now, too.
>
> You'd think.  I've done many installs, including several dual-boot
> installs, and have yet to destroy a system.  I did once wipe a
> computer's MBR by deciding to make it a pure Windows system and
> remove Debian.
>
> Nevertheless, I get paranoid.

Back up your crucial data or, indeed, all your data, and you will feel
less paranoid.

DVDs are cheap, cheap, cheap.

Backup, backup, backup. Do it now.