2006 Jan 11 09:23

Re: [vox-tech] Replacing FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

Re: [vox-tech] Replacing FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

Rod Roark wrote:
On Wednesday 11 January 2006 01:44 am, Alex Mandel wrote:

Thats my thinking, just tell kubuntu to use the partition where FC is and it should take care of the rest, then when it asks if you want grub installed opt-out...

That doesn't sound right.  Surely you want the grub package
installed with your Ubuntu distribution.  The installer will
notice that you have a Windows partition and should create a boot
entry for it.

-- Rod
But he already has grub, hmm. Does grub sit in the MBR or is there just a pointer to it? I guess if it is in the MBR and there are no other linux distros on the machine it would just get overwritten by the ubuntu installer, is that correct?

Alex