2006 Jan 13 23:45

Re: [vox-tech] Replacing FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

Re: [vox-tech] Replacing FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

Richard Crawford wrote:
I've decided I'm fed up with Fedora, and I'd like to switch over to Kubuntu on all my systems. I've switched to Kubuntu on my desktop workstation, and I'm pleased with the results; it feels more stable, and it's nice to use a distro that is actually built around KDE instead of just giving grudging support to it.

My laptop is currently dual-booted between Windows XP and Fedora Core 3. I'd like to change out that Fedora partition to Kubuntu, but I'm worried about GRUB and my MBR. Will I be safe installing Kubuntu over Fedora Core, or will I completely hose my system?
There are many ways to hose a system... but installing a fresh Linux distro
over almost any other OS is pretty straighforward (at least for me). I would think you should be getting pretty familiar with it by now, too.

My current plan is to simply reformat the FC partition with Partition Magic, and install Kubuntu.
Unless you plan to change the sizes of the partitions, why bother with PM?