2006 Jan 06 12:20

Re: [vox-tech] amazon "search in the book" questions

On Friday 06 January 2006 10:25 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> How exactly does Amazon do this?  Is there a way of saving the book page
> contents to an image file?  The only thing I could think of is taking a
> window image with GIMP or something like that.

Various JavaScript tricks.  Among other things it appears they
overlay the real image with a transparent image.

I would tell you how to do a View Source and find what you want, but
then you and/or I might get in trouble for "circumventing a copy
protection device", however ineffective it may be.  Better, I think,
to just take a snapshot and call it fair use.  IANAL.

-- Rod