January 6: Social gathering
2006 Jan 07 10:48

[vox-tech] amazon "search in the book" questions

[vox-tech] amazon "search in the book" questions

Hi all,

Consider this URL, which is a page inside a book about Green's functions:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0521282888/ref=sib_rdr_prev2_ex1/104-6467245-0944703?%5Fencoding=UTF8&p=S00H&ns=1#reader-page

When I use the browser (FF) to print the page, the book's contents don't
show up on the printed page.  Same thing when I use FF's preview print
feature.

When I use left click "view image", the book page's contents disappear too.
No matter where I click, the page title is "transparent pixel".

How exactly does Amazon do this?  Is there a way of saving the book page
contents to an image file?  The only thing I could think of is taking a
window image with GIMP or something like that.

Thanks,
Pete