From: John Marcotte [mailto:john@biznerds.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 12:10 PM
To: 'vox-tech@lists.lugod.org'
Subject: Pop Toaster

So I reformatted my little server box. Got Ubuntu server working. Got a nice
LAMP up and going. And SMP seems to be working okay too.

Now, I've decided to try something new: a small e-mail server for my house.
I've never configured one before though, and the HOWTOs I've been able to
find are somewhat lacking. Many seem geared towards a Redhat installation.

Ideally, I'd like to set up the Ubuntu box to grab all incoming mail and act
as an IMAP server. I'd like to have a Webmail interface to fall back on (and
in case I decide to pop for a static IP address.)

Bonus features would be Spamassassin and some sort of antivirus protection
(it's in a Windows XP environment.)

Anyone know of a good guide to help get me started?

John Marcotte
Biznerds
916.455.5152
http://www.biznerds.com/