Re: [vox-tech] Oocalc question: exporting text (CSV) as formattedin GUI

Re: [vox-tech] Oocalc question: exporting text (CSV) as formattedin GUI

Henry House wrote:

I am trying to export a spreadsheet from OpenOffice Calc that contains
times. I want the times in 24-hour format, and have formatted them thus on
the screen. But when I export the sheet as a CSV text file, the times are
output as AM/PM not 24-format --- very annoying! Does anyone know how to
make Oocalc export text just as displayed?

Here's a work around. Make a new column and put this
=(HOUR(A1)&":"&MINUTE(A1))
Assuming your time field is A1,this will effectively convert your time field to a text field.

Excel apparently does it correctly, which I'm a bit surprised at so ya, you should follow the other advice and report the bug.

Alex